Monday, September 20, 2010

Dreddful Remakes?

Pretty awesome title huh? Yeah, you can give me props later...


Just look at the clever marketing of this movie poster...You see the roman numerals surrounding Van Damme like a clock? Pretty clever stuff here. As if the title alone isn't enough.....

*a moment to sigh*

And we're back.....


Yeah! Van Damme news...but not really. Anyway, they just recently announced they are remaking "Timecop" without Van Damme. When I say 'they' I mean studio execs in Hollywood and particularly in this case Paramount Pictures. You see, "Timecop" was a successful movie released in 1994 that starred Jean Claude Van Damme. This, of course, was at the pinnacle of Van Damme's career. Why remake it though? This is just another recently announced remake that is in a long line of remakes that include "Judge Dredd", "Total Recall", "Escape from New York", "Highlander", "Creature from the Black Lagoon", "Footloose", "The Crow", "Fright Night" and many others.

"I AM THE LAW!"

Sorry, had to get it out of my system.



Ok, so now back to "Timecop". I really wish Van Damme would be able to time travel to 1994 and kick himself in the balls to prevent the abomination of film that is "Street Fighter" and to quit the drugs then. Hell, he could be a governor by now.....think about it......Seriously, every time after he would give a speech, he would do the splits and everyone would applaud and support Van Damme. Yeah...I know....wishful thinking. I mean, check out this amazing dancing.



No comments:

Post a Comment