Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Resurrection of Superman


Oh my!!! I just recently saw the trailer for "All Star Superman" and I must say I'm super excited. DC Entertainment is really doing it right. To bring you up to speed, "All Star Superman" is a comic book movie based off the award winning comic book series of the same name written by Grant Morrison. I'm so psyched! Click here for the trailer.


Also, it looks like Warner Bros/DC Entertainment is going to announce the new director of the Superman reboot.... As of right now it's between Matt Reeves (Cloverfield, Let Me In), Jonathon Liebesman (Darkness Falls, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: the beginning, upcoming Battle: Los Angeles), Zack Snyder (Watchmen, 300, Dawn of the Dead), Darren Aronofsky (The Wrestler, The Fountain, Pi, Requiem for a Dream, upcoming Black Swan), Duncan Jones(Moon), and Tony Scott (Top Gun, Man on Fire, Spy Game).



I'm personally rooting for a very different take on Superman. A take that makes everyone think of Superman differently. This would be more so than what Batman Begins did to the general audiences' perception of Batman. I would like to see Darren Aronofsky do Superman but I think he'd be better placed in doing "The Preacher" and then there's Duncan Jones who blew everyone away with his first feature film "Moon". Darren Aronofsky would be my choice but in all likelihood Zack Snyder will get the job. Don't get me wrong, Snyder is awesome but I think he'll just portray Superman the way audiences have always known him. Superman needs to be reinvented and Aronofsky seems to do that with every one of his films.

No comments:

Post a Comment