Monday, June 28, 2010

The Epic - "Dune"

I never really got around to seeing Dune and I'm upset that I haven't watched it sooner. Yes, the film came out in 1984, so I'm long over due. This is also embarrassing as I'm a huge sci-fi fan. Anyways, the film rocked....I cannot wait for the remake to come out...With the technology of today, it would look great but I hope filmmakers aren't opposed to actually filming in a desert. If you've seen the epic film, "Lawrence of Arabia", you'll know what I'm referring to. The cinematography in that film is worth it alone. By using a bunch of CGI, the look of the film would be tarnished.

"Dune" had good acting, great set designs, beautiful cinematography and a very epic science fiction story. You become immersed in a new world and appreciate the prophetic under and over tones. I might get around to reading the book. Gosh, I'm such a nerd....The film's flaws are easily overlooked and if you're a sci fi geek, this is a must see film.

Below you'll find a well done tribute film I found on youtube that uses 3 of the films songs along with memorable scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment