Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Newfound Discoveries


I've always been willing to try new and different food. Recently I discovered the amazingness of Korean Food. My buddy who went on a Work Study Program in South Korea insisted we venture out to a Korean Restaurant in Omaha once he finally got back into town. May I say I am pleasantly surprised and insist anyone that likes any form of Asian food to go out and try it. While at Maru (local Sushi & Korean Restaurant) one night, I tried the alcoholic beverage, Soju, for the 1st time. Let me tell you, it really sneaks up on you. It is mainly tasteless and is 20-25% alcohol by vol. So, there was basically no reason to do shots as it would be more like taking shots of water....Anyway, needless to say....I was pretty buzzed later in the evening....






Off of a slight recommendation from a friend, I was introduced to this amazing band, Band of Horses. They are a chill rock band formed in Seattle. You've probably heard of one of their hits, "Is There a Ghost". Well, I just wanted to share this awesome band with everyone. Below is the single, "No One's Ever Gonna Love You". Totally Mellow. Oh, and yes, there's a little Hippie in me. Embrace in your psychedelic side.

No comments:

Post a Comment